In the area
You could spend many days simply relaxing in the natural beauty of the campsite but glorious Dorset countryside is also right outside your tent. Explore the narrow lanes and fords, walk in the footsteps of Thomas Hardy and his characters on the Dorset Downs, swim in the River Stour, climb the prehistoric hill fort at Hambeldon Hill, enjoy Dorset food and drink in lovely local pubs.
- Sturminster Newton is 10 minutes drive and has pubs, takeaways, local shops and a supermarket
- Historic Sherborne and Shaftesbury and the Cerne Abbas Giant are all 20 minutes drive away
- Dorchester, Monkey World & the National Trust’s Kingston Lacey are 30 minutes drive
- The glorious Jurassic Coast, Bridport & Weymouth are all 45 minutes drive or Purbeck’s beautiful beaches are a little longer
- Longleat Safari Park, Salisbury & Stonehenge are one hour
- Go to www.visit-dorset.com the official tourism website for Dorset